Payroll is complicated. With the right partner – it doesn’t have to be. Beene Garter’s payroll solution offers a robust tool designed to scale with you, backed by the experience and expertise of West Michigan’s largest independently owned accounting firm.
Direct access to our team.
Have a question? You can reach our payroll experts when you need to - there’s no phone tree or complicated ticketing system to navigate. And, because we’ve experienced and continue to maintain low turnover, you can rest assured that when you call, you’re talking to professionals who know you and know your business.
Easy set-up and on-going support.
We work with you to ensure a smooth transition. How? With a guided onboarding process and thorough software training, as well as experts who walk you through the first few payroll cycles until you’re confident in the system. If you need a refresher, we’re always happy to provide additional training and support – at no additional cost.
Powerful software built to scale with you.
Our software solution is designed to automate and organize data flow throughout your organization, based on your needs. With robust payroll and time entry, benefits administration, ACA/healthcare reform, and human capital management modules, you can customize the software to meet both your current and future needs.
Experts to keep you in compliance.
Our services go beyond setting-up deductions and making sure you understand your federal, state, and local tax requirements - our experts proactively review your payroll, flag potential issues, and work with you to help correct it. Staying in compliance means preventing penalties and, ultimately, saving money.
We value your business and look forward to building a relationship with you. Instead of promising a low fee and then raising it every six months, we offer competitive pricing and guarantee your initial quote for three years.
A holistic approach to business outsourcing & consulting.
Running a business means you need to understand current needs as well as anticipate future trends and changes. Today you need a payroll solution, but tomorrow you may need to outsource your accounting function, plan for retirement, or revamp your employee benefits package. When you partner with Beene Garter, you have access to a suite of business solutions, including accounting outsourcing services, retirement plan administration, succession planning, and business valuations. You can enjoy peace-of-mind knowing your business is backed by a team of experienced accounting professionals, all working behind-the-scenes to solve business problems and deliver the best solutions to you.
Our software solution is designed to automate and organize data flow throughout your organization, based on your terms. Enjoy the benefits of secure payroll processing with unlimited earnings, taxes, benefits, deductions and net pay information. And don't worry about compliance issues - the software is updated with the latest federal, state, and municipal tax codes and requirements.
- Payroll processing for an unlimited number of employees & per state transactions
- Check printing, tax filing, compliance reporting, year-end processing & third-party remittance
- Third-party AP check generation for garnishments, tax levies, union dues & labor allocations
- Easy processing for multiple pay frequencies
- General ledger interface to increase data accuracy and reduce redundant entry
- User definable roles with multi-level security options
- Tax payments sent automatically via standard ACH processing
Tracking employee information can be a difficult job – but it doesn’t need to be. With the HR module, you’ll be able to automate, organize, and track key employee data as well as manage employee correspondence online.
Employers: Get instant access to data that shapes critical decisions! With unlimited reporting capabilities, you can get snapshots of detailed employee history, benefit costs, and more.
- Access over 500 standard reports as well as create custom reports
- Manage recruiting and onboarding initiatives from one system
- Track employee disciplinary history
- Save and organize employee performance reviews
- Offer your team online benefits enrollment
- Properly store and organize resumes, certifications, education, and training details
- Utilize intuitive, automated event wizards for employee events such as new hires, employee maintenance, and terminations
- Define, monitor, and budget company positions
- Easily manage, track and report on government compliance such as EEO documents, OSHA, FMLA, COBRA details, FLSA, HIPAA certifications, and more
Employees: Access personal and company information anytime/anywhere - salary history, company news, company handbooks, and more! You can also make quick changes to personal information and request personal time off.
It’s time to shred those handwritten and excel timesheets! With the Time & Attendance module, employees can enter their time online, allowing you to quickly and accurately collect, calculate, process, and report your employee time and attendance. With the ability to track time by location, department, job code, pay rates, or the category of your choosing - you can easily segment, monitor, and control labor costs.
- No software to install - simply view, edit, and run reports online
- Free upgrades and free daily reports
- Apply accruals based on years of service, days of service, or months of service
- Schedule employees on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis or a combination of recurring patterns
- A web-based time-entry system, physical timeclocks, or a combination of both are available
- View and manage multiple company sites with a single login
- Set hours alert for OT or Affordable Care Act thresholds
- Restrict supervisor access by department, location, or employee
- Create custom minute-rounding rule, or schedule by department
- Punch in/out and view time card via portal
- Access a custom dashboard displaying personalized time and attendance information
- Track your vacation balance, submit time-off requests online and receive email confirmation from the approving supervisor
- View announcements provided by supervisor/manager
Our payroll solution is equipped to handle all of the latest in ACA/Healthcare Reform regulations, keeping you up-to-date and in compliance.
- Ability to measure FTEs to determine firm size and ACA requirements (includes seasonal and part-time employees as applicable)
- ACA full-time employee test for new hires and rehire reporting periods
- ACA full-time employee test for standard reporting periods
- Calculation of hours, ACA eligibility status and required coverage dates by employee
- New enrollment event status for ACA eligible
- Status change alerts (when an employee is close to moving from FT to PT or PT to FT)
- Coverage beginning and ending dates (may differ depending on measurement period and stability period)
- Benefit termination alerts if employees are still covered
- Year-end generation and electronic filing of Forms 1094-B/1095-B or 1094-C/1095-C
- Identification of employee lowest cost monthly premium
- Safe Harbor calculation will determine if plan is affordable according to ACA (W-2 test, hourly wage test, and federal poverty level)
Beene Garter has partnered with Asure Software as our software service provider. Asure has successfully completed an American Institute of Certified Public Accountants SSAE 16 SOC 1 audit. This is a system and organization controls report on the internal controls and standards used by a service provider.
Completion of the audit emphasizes security, quality controls and data-processing integrity. Our partnership with Asure reflects our commitment to protect the integrity and privacy of our clients' data.
With increased awareness surrounding operational effectiveness and data security, our payroll clients can be assured of superior operating efficiencies, controls, and designs in place for all services and solutions. Companies also gain time and cost-savings through the ability to provide a copy of the audit report to their own auditors for validation of proper security controls for their financial and private information.
Ways We've Helped
Download our latest case study to see how we helped a WMI Business increase their productivity.
See If We're A Fit
Access your secure portal here.