Partner, CPA, BBA
Peggy has over 35 years of experience in public accounting and specialized experience with nonprofit organizations. Serving as chairperson of the Nonprofit Industry Team, her focus includes board training, consulting, fundraising, and the adoption and implementation of nonprofit accounting and auditing standards. Peggy is an active volunteer and has served as board chair and treasurer for numerous nonprofit organizations.
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Business Administration
Professional Associations and Volunteer Experience:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- GVSU Hauenstein Leadership, Mentor
- Grand Rapids Ballet Company, Finance Committee & Past Treasurer
- YWCA of West Central Michigan, Past Board Chair
- Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore, Past Board Chair
- Grand Rapids Student Advancement Foundation, Past Treasurer
- Quota International of Grand Rapids, Past Board Chair
- View 100, Past Board Member
Get to Know Peggy...
What is your favorite business book?
7 Habits of Highly Successful People, Stephen Covey
What is your favorite business quote?
“Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” – Stephen Covey
What did you want to be when you grew up?
I knew by the age of 14 that I wanted to be an accountant. I had a great accounting teacher in high school who created some independent study courses for me as I had exhausted all the classes the school had to offer.
What’s the best piece of professional advice you have received?
Never allow anybody, any thought, or anything to cause you to lose faith in yourself. Be optimistic! Be passionate! Be confident!
I have always been an analytical thinker and I thought accounting would meld with the way my brain functioned. After having spent my entire career in accounting, I have enjoyed being a business partner to so many nonprofit organizations. It is a privilege to encourage, facilitate, and partner with my clients.