Partner, CPA, MST, CFP
With over 30 years of public accounting experience, Marla has assisted clients in achieving their financial goals in a wide array of industries. Her areas of expertise include individual, corporate, partnership, Limited Liability Company, estate, gift and fiduciary taxation. Possessing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation, Marla consults with her clients in the areas of financial planning, risk management, estate planning and retirement, and employee benefits.
- Calvin College, Bachelor of Science, Accounting & Business Administration
- Grand Valley State University, Master of Taxation (MST)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Small Business Technology & Development Center (MI-SBTDC)
- Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)
- Beacon Hill at Eastgate, Board Member
Get to Know Marla...
What is your favorite business book?
E-Myth, Michael Gerber
What is your favorite business quote?
“Hire character. Train skill.” - Peter Schutz
What did you want to be when you grew up?
What’s the best piece of professional advice you have received?
Do what you love, and love what you do.
At the end of the day it’s a people business and it’s about helping people understand, comply with, and plan for the financial implications impacting their businesses and their personal lives.
Spelling Bee Champion of Michigan in 1974!