Howard has over 24 years of experience in public accounting and is the Partner-in-Charge of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit department. He serves clients in the nonprofit, governmental, multi-family housing and real estate industries as well as the manufacturing and wholesale distribution industry. Howard specializes in financial reporting and analysis, cash flow analysis, and operational assessments. He offers a wide range of knowledge and expertise in obtaining tax credits for multi-family housing entities as well as preparing their audited financial statements in accordance with HUD, MSHDA, Rural Development regulations and governmental auditing standards.
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), Audit & Accounting Symposium Task Force
- Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce
- West Michigan Association of Financial Professionals, Vice President
Get to Know Howard...
What is your favorite business book?
Good to Great, Jim Collins
What is your favorite business quote?
“Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
What did you want to be when you grew up?
What’s the best piece of professional advice you have received?
Relationships are very important. Our business and success exists based on our ability to create, explore and maintain relationships.
Accounting always came easy to me. I was always very good in math and accounting grew from that.